If you would like to go for a ride with us, read the information below, check our facebook page for upcoming rides, then just show up! We welcome new riders!
Riding with us
Riding Style and Safety
We have provided some short (<5-minutes) group riding videos (link to the right) to introduce riders to our group riding style. However, while these videos demonstrate some riding style expectations from our group members, our number one expectation, is that you maintain your own safety:
- Ride within your limits.
- Make decisions appropriate for safe travel under current conditions instead of what you think the group may expect of you.
- Always be visually scanning 10-20 seconds ahead instead of staring at the scenery or the rider in front of you.
What You Can Expect On One Of Our Rides
All bike brands and riders of all ages, genders, and nationalities are welcome as long as they have a current Driver’s License with a motorcycle endorsement and have current motorcycle insurance.
Expect 6-12 bikes on a ride. If we get more than 12-bikes, we split up the group.
Road Captains plan for gas, restroom, and stretch stops at least every 100-miles/2-hours and often earlier.
Expect an experienced rider from our group to answer questions, help you feel welcome, and help you adapt to our riding style.
As a group of like-minded riders, we have adopted the following ride standards to keep our rides fun and safe.
- Rides shall have a Road Captain and a Tailgunner that work together to control the group formation and present motorcycling in a positive and professional manner.
- The Road Captain leads the ride and is in charge of the ride pace, formation, and route, and must adhere to posted speed limits.
- The Tailgunner follows the group, keeps an eye on group safety and pulls over with any rider that needs to drop out of the group while the rest of the group continues on to a safe place to stop and wait.
- Road Captain and Tailgunner are encouraged to pre-ride the route no more than a week in advance, to verify navigation and route safety, and plan gas and rest stops.
- No drugs or alcohol are to be consumed as part of any formal chapter event. “The vest doesn’t drink!”
For the full set of ride rules, click the link to the right.